New Jersey Wrongful Birth Lawyer
Call Our NJ Birth Injury Attorneys: (732) 440-3089
Every parent wants their child to have a full life. When a child is born with medical complications or disabilities, it can be a burden on the parents—it can also be frustrating for the child as they grow up without the cognitive abilities or medical stability of their peers. Parents can struggle to meet the expenses and needs of their child, causing great strain on their relationships, their family, and their finances.
You may have a wrongful birth case if any of the following occurred:
- Your health care provider failed to promptly inform you of the risk of having your child with the disabilities that followed.
- Your doctor / health care provider did not perform a birth control or sterilization procedure correctly.
- A pregnancy was not properly terminated by medical professionals.
- Your doctor / health care provider misread test results or provided incorrect information.
If your doctor did not properly diagnose a serious medical problem with a fetus during the pregnancy and deprived you of making an informed decision about carrying on with the pregnancy, you have legal options. Our firm is here to explain them.
Talk to Levinson Axelrod, P.A. about your wrongful birth case. Our New Jersey trial lawyers are ready to help. Reach us at (732) 440-3089.
What Type of Damages Can Be Recovered?
Wrongful birth cases can be challenging for parents. While any child is a blessing, it can be hard to support your family when a child has extreme disabilities. If your case involved wrongful birth, you deserve to seek justice. Every parent has the right to be informed about their options when their unborn fetus will face extremely medical obstacles or hardships if born. You may be able to recover the following in your case:
- Medical, hospital, and total care costs
- Expenses associated with care for child
- Emotional stress / pain and suffering
It is important to note that wrongful birth lawsuits are extremely complicated. Parents must be able to prove that they would have terminated the pregnancy if they were fully informed of their child’s developmental and medical disabilities. They also need to show that the doctor or other medical professional was negligent in handling the case. You need a birth injury attorney in NJ who understands these cases and the laws surrounding them. You need Levinson Axelrod, P.A. We proudly stand as your neighbors, your lawyers. We have offices throughout the state and would be honored to assist you with your case.