Kathleen M. DiGiovanni
- Case Results
Prior to joining Levinson Axelrod in 2012, Kathleen was an Assistant District Attorney for more than a decade in New York City. In that role, she tried numerous cases involving homicides and other violent crimes and rose to the position of Deputy Chief.
From 2006 to 2008, Kathleen was honored to serve as a Special Assistant United States Attorney for the Eastern District of New York as part of the Project Safe Neighborhoods program which focused on prosecuting felons charged with weapons offenses.
Kathleen works primarily out of our Howell and Belford offices representing personal injury clients in a wide variety of accident cases. Advocating for people who have been injured in an accident has been a natural progression for Kathleen from her previous work seeking justice for crime victims.
Kathleen earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in Public Affairs from the University at Albany and a Juris Doctor degree from New England Law. Kathleen is admitted to practice law in New Jersey, New York and Massachusetts. She resides in Monmouth County with her husband and children.
Click here to learn more about the referenced awards and accolades. No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
- $2,500,000 - Driver injuried in collision with vehicle stopped on NJTP, severe hip fractures requiring surgery.
- $1,500,000 - Passender killed in drunk driving collision.
- $795,982 - Driver in multi-vehicle collision sustained back injuries that required spine surgery.
- $750,000 - Victim hit by forklift in retail box store and underwent back surgery
- $700,000 - Victim injured when assaulted by security staff at a bar in Bayonne.
- $690,000 - Child injured in school playground when aid negligently dumped him out of his wheelchair.
- $575,000 - Driver injured in rear end collision resulting in back injuries that required surgery.
- $500,000 - Driver sustained severe spine injuries in rear end collision.
- $475,000 - Customer injured in fall at supermarket requiring a reverse total shoulder replacement.
$425,000 - Client suffered injuries in a motor vehicle accident.
- $410,000 - Victim sustained serious leg fracture when tripped over a wheelstop.
- $400,000 - Woman fell due to pot hole in a walkway.
- $400,000 - Driver injured in multi-vehicle rear end collision who sustained neck injuries that required surgery.
- $405,000 - Man injured in fall on snow/ice outside a retail store.
- $375,000 - Victim injured in fall on sidewalk resulting in a shoulder replacement surgery.
- $350,000 - Elderly Victim injured in fall on ice resulting in shoulder surgery.
- $337,000 - Victim in a motor vehicle collision who sustained shoulder injury requiring a reverse total shoulder replacement.
- $275,000 - Victim sustained back and shoulder injuries in a motor vehicle collision requiring shoulder surgery.
- $265,000 - Victim fall due to poorly maintained walkway sustaining severe ankle fracture requiring surgery.
- $260,000 - Driver in a rear-end hit collision sustained back injuries.
- $250,000 - Victim fell on uneven flooring in store resulting in multiple injuries.
- $250,000 - Victim fell on liquid in a store injuring the knee resulting in surgery.
- $175,000 - Client was struck in the rear while stopped at a red light in Wall, NJ.
"Hi Kathleen, I just wanted to take a minute to say thank you. I truly appreciate all of your hard work helping me - I am so grateful. I just wanted you to know how happy I am to finally be able to put all this behind me - and it's all because of you. Thank you again!"
"Kathleen was amazing she fought for my son and it is greatly appreciated."
"Dear Kathleen, I want to thank you for the time & perseverance you put into my case. It was much appreciated. Your were always supportive and kind and did such a good job. So happy they settled! Thank you."
"I never thought I would need a Personal Injury attorney, for that matter, I never thought I would be in such a bad car accident, to no fault of my own, that I would ever need one. But that is exactly what happened to me. When it was suggested that I get an attorney, I didn’t know who I should call or who would be a good Attorney to call. When I asked around Kathleen DiGiovanni at Levinson Axelrod was recommended to me. At first I was a bit apprehensive about getting an Attorney but after meeting with Kathleen, she put me at ease. She understood what I had been going through and my concerns about the future. Kathleen was thorough in her details, she took the time to learn all about my injury, she explained the process and on how the system worked, and she was sincere. I have to say too that her office staff was very helpful and always stayed in touch with me. But most importantly, she was on my side, and it showed. If you were to tell me today that I should call a personal injury attorney, I know exactly who I would call, that call would be to Kathleen and the attorneys at Levinson Axelrod. She knew exactly what she was doing and the rest of the firm worked well with her to get the job done – for me! It is this very reason that I believe that she was able to deliver the results that we both were looking for. I would highly recommend her. Thank you Kathleen."
- Marilee P.