New Jersey Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
Over $1 Billion Recovered for Injured Victims
Pedestrians face a variety of risks when traversing local roads, parking lots, and properties on foot, and have little to protect them against serious injuries. When vulnerable pedestrians suffer harm due to the negligent acts of others, recovering full compensation can become a critical task.
At Levinson Axelrod, P.A., our award-winning New Jersey lawyers have fought for numerous victims injured in pedestrian accidents. If you or someone you love has been harmed on foot due to a negligent motorist, property owner, or some other preventable cause, we may be able to help you file a civil personal injury claim to recover financial compensation for your damages.
Why Retain Levinson Axelrod, P.A.?
- More than $1 billion recovered for clients since 1939.
- Over $350 million recovered in the past 5 years alone.
- Multiple offices staffed by a New Jersey Certified Civil Trial / Workers’ Comp Specialist.
- FREE consultations & no fee unless we win.
Levinson Axelrod, P.A. has been trusted by accident victims across New Jersey since 1939. Backed by a team of award-winning advocates, we are available to review your potential case and discuss how we can help. To request a FREE case review, call or contact us online.
Who is Liable for Your Pedestrian Accident?
Determining liability, or the financial responsibility of a party deemed at-fault for causing preventable injuries, is a key objective in personal injury cases. It can also be one of the most difficult. That’s because accidents can be caused by many different factors, and unearthing the underlying cause in your accident requires the attention of experienced and resourceful attorneys who know what to look for.
With the help of investigators and accident reconstruction experts, Levinson Axelrod, P.A. scrutinizes the facts of our clients’ cases to identify who can be held responsible for their accidents, and whether there is sufficient insurance coverage to compensate them for their losses.
While the best way to determine liability in a pedestrian accident is to have your case personally evaluated by a lawyer, there are several parties commonly named as defendants in these cases. Examples include:
- Negligent motorists responsible for car accidents involving pedestrians in intersections, crosswalks, or parking lots.
- Contractors or companies responsible for construction site accidents involving pedestrians injured by falls, falling objects, or worksite debris.
- Property owners that fail to rectify known hazards on their premises, including hazards that can cause slip and fall accidents.
- Commercial trucking companies or bus companies responsible for pedestrian crashes involving a commercial tractor-trailer or passenger carrier.
- Other pedestrians or bicyclists who negligently or intentionally injure pedestrians.
- Pet owners responsible for dog bite injuries or animal attacks.
How Compensation Works in Pedestrian Accident Cases
Pedestrian accident victims who bring personal injury lawsuits seek a financial recovery of their damages. As victims of negligence, plaintiffs in these cases are entitled to compensation for both their financial and non-economic damages. This includes losses such as:
- Hospital and medical bills
- Expenses for any future required medical care
- Past and future lost earnings
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional suffering
Because pedestrians lack any form of protection or safety equipment to shield them from suffering severe injuries such as traumatic brain injuries, spine injuries, and broken bones, it is often the case that victims with pedestrian accident claims seek considerable sums for their extensive losses.
This is due in large part to injuries that leave victims with permanent disabilities, the inability to work or perform the same type of work they did prior to accidents, and a variety of expenses and losses they are likely to incur in the future.
In claims involving catastrophic injuries, Levinson Axelrod, P.A. takes great care to pursue the compensation families need, and works with medical experts to calculate the full scope of any future medical needs our clients will face due to their injuries.
Proven Success Representing the Injured
Levinson Axelrod, P.A. takes pride in having cultivated a legacy of proven results. Our award-winning lawyers have represented victims injured in a variety of pedestrian, parking lot, premises, and construction site accidents, and have recovered millions of dollars on their behalves.
Examples of our case results:
- $3.2 million for a client injured in a slip and fall accident on ice at an outlet shopping plaza.
- $2.5 million for a pedestrian who injured her ankle when stepping into a cement cut-out in a commercial sidewalk where a tree had been planted. At the time, our client had been walking on the sidewalk to attend a downtown holiday festival.
- $875,000 for a pedestrian injured when he was struck by a car while exiting a school bus. Because the vehicle driver lacked sufficient liability insurance, this claim was brought under the bus company’s Underinsured Motorist policy.
- $410,000 settlement for a client injured after tripping and falling over a wheel-stop in a parking lot near the entrance of a day care center.
- $695,000 settlement for a client who fell in a hole while walking through a parking lot toward the front entrance of a restaurant.
If you wish to discuss a potential pedestrian accident and your legal options, our New Jersey attorneys at Levinson Axelrod, P.A. are here to help. With multiple office locations across the state, we serve all 21 counties in New Jersey, and offer FREE consultations remotely.