New Jersey Motorcycle Accident Attorneys
Over $1 Billion Recovered for the Injured
Motorcyclists are more likely to be injured in traffic accidents than drivers of motor vehicles, and are more likely to be left with serious injuries and long-term needs. Riders can also face additional challenges when it comes to proving fault and recovering full compensation for their damages.
If you or someone you love have been injured in a preventable crash, our New Jersey motorcycle accident lawyers at Levinson Axelrod, P.A. are available to help.
Our firm has been serving clients across the state since 1939, and focuses solely on helping the injured and their families fight back against insurance companies that care more about profits than people.
Why Choose Levinson Axelrod, P.A.?
- We have handled thousands of accident cases.
- We are ranked among the “Best Law Firms” by U.S. News – Best Lawyers.
- Our team includes NJ Supreme Court Certified Civil Trial Specialists.
- We work on contingency fees – there’s no fee unless we win.
Levinson Axelrod, P.A. is comprised of award-winning trial lawyers, including attorneys who are motorcycle enthusiasts and understand the risks riders face. To discuss your potential claim, contact us for a FREE consultation.
Determining the Cause of Your Motorcycle Accident
Motorcycle riders are much more exposed on roadways than a car or truck driver. That means when an accident does occur, the damages can be devastating.
It is important to understand what caused your accident so you can hold the appropriate party liable. Some of the leading issues of driver negligence include:
- Cars making left-hand turns
- Road hazards, including fallen cargo
- Vehicles making unsafe lane changes
- Vehicle lane drifting
- Speeding or reckless driving
- Drunk or distracted drivers
- Motorcycle or equipment defects
Whether a product manufacturer is to blame or a reckless driver is at fault, Levinson Axelrod, P.A. has the resources to fully investigate your accident and gather needed evidence. We have experience crafting compelling claims and can walk you through the complex legal process step by step.
Who Pays for Your Damages After a Motorcycle Accident?
Many motorcycle accidents result in serious injuries to the rider, which means significant medical bills and other losses will be incurred.
After an accident, our team can help riders decipher insurance policies for immediate coverage and explore their options for recovering past and future damages from at-fault parties. For example:
- We can help riders determine if their motorcycle insurance policy provides medical expense coverage. In New Jersey, people injured in car accidents usually have Personal Injury Protection (PIP) benefits on their own car insurance policies that provide immediate coverage for medical bills. Motorcycle policies do not offer PIP benefits for the motorcycle rider or passenger, but some policies contain coverage for a limited amount of medical expenses.
- If a motorcyclist is injured in an accident that was caused by the negligence of another motorist or some other person or entity, a personal injury claim can be made against the other party for any medical bills, pain and suffering, lasting disability, and other past and future losses.
Unfortunately, motorcyclists can face some unique challenges in their fight for full compensation. Some of these include:
- Insurance companies: Insurance companies are corporations that view claims filed by injured motorcyclists as threats to their bottom line. Insurers will use many tactics to deny valid claims or pay as little as possible to riders.
- Disputed fault: At-fault parties and insurance carriers may be more inclined to explore dispute their fault or the fault of their policyholders when accidents involve motorcyclists. Insurers may argue riders are to blame or that their behaviors contributed to wrecks.
- Underinsured drivers: A common problem that arises in motorcycle cases is that motorists who cause injuries do not have enough insurance to fully cover a rider’s losses. The same situation could arise if at-fault drivers are uninsured, or when riders are injured in hit-and-run accidents.
At Levinson Axelrod, P.A., we leverage our experience and resources to help motorcyclists fight back against insurance companies. In addition to conducting the necessary investigations and working with experts to challenge disputes, we also help riders assess their options for maximizing a financial recovery. This can include searching for additional parties that may bear liability for an accident, or pursuing a claim under a motorcycle rider’s insurance policy if they have sufficient uninsured and underinsured motorist (UM / UIM) motorist coverage.
Begin Your Legal Journey with a FREE Consultation
After a motorcycle accident, you can be confident about placing your trust in Levinson Axelrod, P.A. Our firm has recovered more than $1 billion in compensation for clients , and over $350 million in the last 5 years alone. We know how to help victims in their fights for justice.
Our motorcycle accident attorneys proudly serve clients in all 21 New Jersey counties from locations in Edison, Flemington, Jamesburg / Monroe, Middletown / Belford, Howell, Brick, Forked River, Rockaway, and Raritan. We are here for riders who were hurt on Highways 287, 295, 22, 78, 9, and many more.
To request a FREE review of your case, call or contact us online.
Tractor-Trailer Jury Verdict $8,000,000
A 35-year-old laborer who resides in Kearny was seriously injured while working on the median of a highway when a passing tractor-trailer lost a wheel that struck him.
Personal Injury Settlement $7,000,000
A Middlesex County man was severely injured and burned as a result of a collision with a truck. The truck driver had lost control of his vehicle and had come through a median barrier which had failed to redirect the truck away from oncoming traffic.
Personal Injury Jury Verdict $6,000,000
A female drunk driver crashed into plaintiff’s vehicle causing multiple fractures to the right ankle and foot. Plaintiff’s doctor testified that plaintiff would be under pain management protocol for the rest of his life due to this condition.
Tractor-Trailer Settlement $3,700,000
A Morristown woman was injured when her vehicle was struck by a tractor-trailer that lost control on black ice on Interstate 287. The defendant's truck had jack-knifed as it was changing lanes in order to avoid an earlier accident. The accident resulted in our client suffering severe head injuries.
Motorcycle Collision Settlement $2,500,000
A young man was seriously injured while riding his motorcycle to work when another driver made a left hand turn in front of him, leaving our client had no memory of the accident. He suffered a number of serious fractures and underwent multiple surgeries, leaving him with disabilities. The case settled on the second day of trial.
Auto Accident Settlement $2,500,000
Levinson Axelrod Partner, Mark V. Kuminski represented a local Franklin Township woman who was involved in a three-car motor vehicle accident. The incident occurred when one of the drivers, later named as the defendant in the personal injury lawsuit filed by Mark and our firm, rear-ended a vehicle that had been stopped. Mark’s ability to express the full scope of damages incurred by our client, proved successful in compelling the jury to rule in our client’s favor.
Tractor-Trailer Judgment $2,000,000
A truck driver was injured in a chain reaction collision accident on the New Jersey Turnpike. The defendant had been operating a tractor-trailer in front of our client's vehicle and had jackknifed in an attempt to bring its vehicle to an abrupt stop. Our client's vehicle then struck the defendant's trailer from behind, causing our client serious leg injuries, resulting in amputation.
Auto Accident Settlement $1,750,000
A father and daughter were killed in motor vehicle accident when the vehicle they were passengers in was struck by the defendant's delivery truck. Evidence established during discovery revealed that the delivery truck driver had run a red light and was also speeding at the time of the accident.
Personal Injury Settlement $1,500,000
A father and son were loading baggage into their car in front of one of the terminals at Newark Airport when a limousine driver, in an argument with a police officer, suddenly gunned his engine striking the two men and their car. Our clients both suffered severe injuries to their knees and legs.
Auto Accident Settlement $1,500,000
Our client was a passenger in a vehicle involved in a single car accident, which occurred when the driver of the vehicle she was in lost control while passing another car. There was an allegation that the driver was racing another car when the accident occurred. Our client sustained cervical and lumbar injuries and was ultimately required to undergo surgery on her neck.
Levinson Axelrod, P.A. is committed to helping good people through difficult times. We build real relationships and make communication a priority to provide the best possible service and results.
Celine took what I thought would be a stressful situation and turned it into a wonderfully positive experience for me and for my family. Her passion for her job, and her compassion towards her clients, is without limit. She is a fighter.” - P.G.
I recently had the pleasure of working with the remarkable attorneys, Celine and Richard, at Levinson Axelrod, and I cannot recommend them highly enough! Thank you for your exceptional work and for going above and beyond to secure justice for your clien”- P.T.
No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey. Click here to learn more about these awards.