Attorney-Partner Christopher DeAngelo of Levinson Axelrod, P.A. is a highly experienced and reputable personal injury lawyer for his ability to tackle the most difficult of cases. Our entire firm is excited to announce that his impressive skillset continues to grow now that he is a Certified Civil Trial Attorney by the New Jersey Supreme Court.
“When I first became a lawyer, I knew I wanted to be a trial lawyer to help injured victims receive the compensation for their injuries they justly deserved. Levinson Axelrod has given me all the tools and support I have needed to both help those injured victims on a daily basis and fulfill my professional dream of becoming a Certified Civil Trial Attorney.”
Currently at Levinson Axelrod, P.A., we have 16 total attorneys who are certified in either Civil Trial Law or Workers’ Compensation Law. It is an amazing feeling to see Attorney DeAngelo join them. Please join us in congratulating him for this incredibly hard-fought certification and achievement!
How Does a Lawyer Become a Certified Civil Trial Attorney?
Board certification is an infamously arduous process, but one that is well worth the effort.
To become a Certified Civil Trial Attorney, an attorney must:
- Keep a good standing with the New Jersey Bar for 5 or more years.
- Complete various continuing legal education (CLE) courses within the 3 years before applying for board certification.
- Show “substantial involvement” in the preparation of various or complicated litigated cases.
- Hold an overwhelmingly positive reputation among legal peers, including lawyers and judges.
- Pass a written exam that requires a highly intricate understanding of the specific practice area and its surrounding regulations.
The vast majority of practicing attorneys in New Jersey will never attempt to gain certification in their area of practice. Even fewer will achieve it. Those who do meet these requirements gain a truly prestigious title that clearly showcases their capability to handle any and all legal challenges in their chosen area of focus.
To learn more about the New Jersey Supreme Court Board on Attorney Certification, you can click here to visit its official website. If you want to know more about Levinson Axelrod, P.A. and our legal team, which is comprised of more than a dozen Board Certified attorneys, then please feel free to contact us online or dial (732) 440-3089 at any time.