Why Choose Levinson Axelrod, P.A.?
Levinson Axelrod, P.A. is an award-winning trial practice that has been serving New Jersey residents for over eight decades. Clients with high-stakes personal injury and medical malpractice claims trust our team because of our proven record of success.
- We have won over $1 billion for clients, and over $350 million in the past 5 years.
- We have been named to U.S. News “Best Law Firms” as a Tier 1 injury firm.
- Our offices are staffed by at least one NJ Supreme Court Certified Civil Trial Law Specialist.
- Attorney Rosemary E. McGeady, M.D. is a former physician with over 20 years’ experience.
When is a Missed or Delayed Diagnosis Malpractice?
In medical malpractice cases, health care providers can be held liable when they deviate from the standard of care and injure patients as a result.
Determining what standard of care applied to a provider-patient relationship and whether a provider failed to meet those standards can be difficult and will depend on the facts of a case. In general terms, a provider deviates from the standard of care when they fail to act in a manner a reasonably skilled provider in their field would be expected to act under similar to the same circumstances.
When it comes to diagnostic errors, there are many acts of negligence that may entitle victims to a medical malpractice claim. Some examples include:
- Failing to perform an adequate patient evaluation or medical history.
- Failure to order tests based on signs and symptoms.
- Failing to recognize and timely treat a medical emergency, such as an evolving heart attack.
- Misinterpreting lab results or making a benign finding that misses a condition.
- Failure to recognize signs of complications or distress.
- Failures to recognize and treat pregnancy or childbirth complications, resulting in birth injury.
At Levinson Axelrod, P.A., we investigate malpractice claims closely and leverage the insight of an attorney / M.D. and other medical experts to evaluate whether provider’s may be liable for negligence.
Medical Negligence & Testing Errors
With hundreds of different diagnostic tests available for patients, it can be all too easy for doctors or specialists to read these tests incorrectly. In addition, these tests may be performed incorrectly and result in misdiagnosis, causing a patient even more medical complications and issues. Testing errors can even lead to increased injuries or wrongful death.
Celine took what I thought would be a stressful situation and turned it into a wonderfully positive experience for me and for my family. Her passion for her job, and her compassion towards her clients, is without limit. She is a fighter.- P.G.
I recently had the pleasure of working with the remarkable attorneys, Celine and Richard, at Levinson Axelrod, and I cannot recommend them highly enough! Thank you for your exceptional work and for going above and beyond to secure justice for your clien- P.T.
"Thank you and your team for fighting so hard for me."
Thank you for your quick response and for the information. Most importantly, thank you and your team for fighting so hard for me. I am grateful to have had such a caring and diligent team representing me throughout this ordeal.- M.F.
"It was a pleasure to have you as my attorney."Adam I would like to thank you for everything it was a pleasure to have you as my attorney and I would recommend your services to anyone that I know that would need legal services.- D.L.
Your Right to Compensation After a Missed Diagnosis
If a provider failed to diagnose, misdiagnosed, or otherwise failed to timely recognize and treat a condition that caused preventable injuries, they can be held responsible for victims’ damages. This may include:
- Medical bills and future medical expenses
- Lost income and lost earning potential
- Permanent disability or disfigurement
- Loss of consortium or companionship
- Pain and suffering
- Other economic and non-economic damages
*Results may vary depending on your particular facts and legal circumstances.
$12,500,000 Medical Malpractice Settlement
The Levinson Axelrod, P.A. team obtained a $12.5 million dollar settlement on behalf of a client who was injured due to medical malpractice.
$2,000,000 Medical Malpractice Settlement
No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey. Click here to learn more about these awards.