New Jersey Workplace Accident Attorneys
Call For a FREE Consultation: (732) 440-3089
Levinson Axelrod, P.A. is a proven New Jersey law firm that has earned national recognition for our work protecting the rights of injured victims and their families. Since our firm was founded in 1939, we’ve leveraged extensive experience and resources to guide clients injured in all types of accidents through their legal journeys, and have recovered more than $1 billion in compensation on their behalves.
Backed by decades of collective experience in personal injury and workers’ compensation law, we have tools and resources to help victims harmed in workplace accidents secure the compensation they need through any available means. Whether you’re pursuing benefits through an employer’s workers’ compensation insurance or filing a personal injury lawsuit against a negligence third party that caused your injuries, you can trust in our team to guide you through these difficult times.
Why Choose Levinson Axelrod, P.A.?
- Over $1 Billion in Compensation Recovered for Clients
- More Than $350 Million Recovered in the Last 5 Years
- Serving New Jersey & Beyond Since 1939
- 8 Office Locations Led by a Board Certified Attorney
- Award-Winning Legal Team Recognized for Notable Results
Injured in workplace accident? Call (732) 440-3089 or contact us online for a FREE and confidential consultation. Our award-winning accident attorneys serve clients throughout New Jersey from multiple locations, and offer services in English, Spanish, German, Greek, Hungarian, Russian and Portuguese.
Your Rights After a Workplace Accident
Following a workplace accident, one of the most important rights you have is your right to legal representation. Accidents and injuries can create tremendous setbacks for victims and families, and make complex and foreign legal proceedings even more difficult. With bold and unwavering advocates by your side, you can pursue the compensation you need through the most appropriate means – whether that requires navigating the workers’ comp process or filing a personal injury lawsuit.
- Workers’ Compensation – Workers’ compensation is a no-fault insurance system that provides injured workers with benefits to cover their medical treatment, rehabilitation, and a portion of their lost income. Because workers’ comp is no-fault, workers have the ability to receive benefits regardless of who caused their accident and injuries. However, the claim process is challenging and requires workers to provide ample documentation and meet extensive requirements. We assist clients with both initial workers’ comp applications and appeals.
- Third Party Personal Injury Lawsuit – Some workplace accidents are the result of a third party’s negligence, such as a contractor who causes an accident as a result of their negligent or wrongful acts, including safety violations. In these situations, injured workers and families may have the right to seek justice and compensation by pursuing civil personal injury lawsuits. These cases are handled in civil court and allow for financial recoveries beyond what workers’ compensation provides, such as damages for pain and suffering. However, they require victims to prove a defendant was negligent, which means legal representation and clear and convincing arguments are critical.
Proven Results in Workplace Accident Cases
Workplace accident cases are known for their complexity, and for the need to carefully investigate incidents and determine the best avenue for a recovery. Over the 75+ years our firm has been serving injured victims, workers, and their families, we’ve accumulated the experience to handle all types of workplace accident cases, and have proven our abilities to secure successful results.
Here are a just a few of our results in this area:
- $3 million workplace accident settlement obtained in a personal injury case involving a 31-year-old ironworker who suffered a serious head injury when he was struck by a cinder block while working on a construction site.
- $2.65 million settlement in a personal injury case brought against the NJ Department of Transportation. Our client suffered serious injuries, including the amputation of one leg, when an empty vehicle left in neutral struck our client while he was working on a construction site. Our firm was able to overcome the difficulties of New Jersey laws prohibiting injured workers from bringing claims against an employer or co-employee by seeking liability from the DoT.
- $1.2 million construction accident settlement obtained on behalf of a construction worker who was injured and required neck surgery after being rear-ended by a dump truck.
- $739,000 workplace accident verdict secured for a client who fell in the parking lot of her workplace and as required to undergo surgery. Our firm was able to effective prove the property owner was negligent in constructing the premises and creating the dangerous condition. A Somerset County jury awarded damages for our client’s medical expenses and pain and suffering.
Place Your Trust in Proven New Jersey Workplace Accident Lawyers
Our team at Levinson Axelrod, P.A. has dedicated our professional careers to fighting for the injured – and have proven that our experience, resources, and unrelenting determination can make the difference for clients when it matters most. If you wish to discuss a potential workplace accident case, your rights, and how our firm may be able to help you with a workers’ compensation or third party personal injury case, contact us for a free and confidential consultation.