New Jersey Train Accident Lawyer
Fighting for Injured Victims & Families Since 1939
Train accidents occur more often than many people think. From major accidents involving motor vehicles, derailments, and train-to-train collisions to incidents involving fallen cargo and passenger falls, numerous people are injured every year on or near trains. When injuries result from accidents that could have been avoided, victims may have the right to take legal action.
If you or someone you love has been injured in any type of train accident, you can protect your right to financial compensation by speaking personally with a proven attorney.
Our New Jersey train accident attorneys at Levinson Axelrod, P.A. are available to discuss your potential case during a FREE consultation. We proudly serve clients across the state from multiple offices.
Why Call Levinson Axelrod, P.A.?
Levinson Axelrod, P.A. has remained one of New Jersey’s leading choices for personal injury representation since 1939. Clients statewide continually trust our team because:
- We are experienced. We have been fighting for injured victims, workers, and families for over 80 years, and draw from our depth of experience litigating a variety of injury cases.
- We have a winning track record. Our team has recovered more than $1 billion in compensation the years — with more than $350 million recovered in the past five years alone.
- We have Certified Specialists on staff. Each of our office locations is staffed with a New Jersey Supreme Court Certified Civil Trial or Workers’ Compensation Specialist, a distinction held by a very small percentage of NJ lawyers.
- We are highly rated. Our award-winning team has earned top marks and recognition from some of the industry’s leading rating services, including Super Lawyers, The Best Lawyers in America, The National Lawyers Top 100, and more.
Train Accidents & Personal Injury Lawsuits
Victims who suffer personal injury, as well as families who lose loved ones due to wrongful death, have the right to recover financial compensation for their losses by bringing civil claims against the at-fault parties. Though there are many different types of train and railroad accidents, examples of incidents that may give rise to legal action include:
- Train derailment
- Collisions involving multiple trains
- Rail crossing accidents
- Falling cargo
- Train conductor distraction
- Slip, trip, or fall accidents in rail cars
As part of the civil injury claim process, victims must establish a few critical elements to prove fault and liability. The most important elements are negligence, or how a defendant failed to uphold the duty of care they owed victims, and causation, or how the act of negligence more likely than not caused the accident.
While train accidents are not your everyday occurrence, they often result from some type of negligence, malfunction, and / or critical failure. To identify an underlying cause, our attorneys conduct meticulous investigations and often consult with expert witnesses who help us identify likely causes, contributing factors, and failures on the parts of defendants.
There are many examples of negligence that can create liability for losses arising from a train accident. Some examples include:
- A train conductor failing to maintain a safe speed, apply the brakes, or obey a rail signal because they were distracted or texting / using a cell phone.
- A rail company’s failure to maintain or repair track, adequately train or hire fit conductors, or comply with various safety regulations.
- A distributor or rail worker’s failure to safely secure luggage or cargo, resulting in passengers being struck by objects or fallen cargo that causes a motor vehicle accident.
- A negligent motorist who causes a collision at a rail crossing / intersection.
- Train makers or manufacturers responsible for defective equipment that malfunctions.
In addition to representing victims in civil injury cases, our firm also represents rail workers who suffer injuries in the course of performing job-related duties. Our workers’ compensation team has extensive experience representing workers in both workers’ comp claims and personal injury cases, and can help explore your options during a free case review.
Fighting for Full Compensation
Victims who are successful with a civil injury claim are entitled to financial compensation from the at-fault party(ies). This can include compensation for any:
- Medical bills and hospital expenses
- Rehabilitation, therapy, medications, and medical devices
- Future medical care or expenses related to injuries
- Lost wages and lost future earnings
- Past and future pain and suffering
- Loss of financial or emotional support
Wrongful death and survival actions allow families to recover similar economic and non-economic damages. This includes funeral expenses, medical bills incurred after an accident, lost financial support and benefits a decedent would have provided, lost household services, and lost emotional support.
Claims involving wrongful death and catastrophic injuries can involve profound emotional suffering, which is why our attorneys work to ensure these intangible injuries are appropriately accounted for when seeking full compensation for our clients.
Over $1B in Compensation Recovered
Levinson Axelrod, P.A. has a proven record of success representing victims and families in high-stakes injury cases, and has recovered more than $1 billion in compensation since 1939. Some of our recent results:
- $7M settlement for a Middlesex County man severely injured in a truck accident caused by a driver who lost control of his rig and crashed through the median barrier.
- $6M verdict for a victim who suffered multiple fractures after their vehicle was struck by a drunk driver.
- $1.1M settlement for a client injured when a city bus made an improper turn at excessive speeds, resulting in a head-on collision.
- $900,000 verdict for a motor vehicle accident victim who suffered lower back injuries in a collision with a tractor-trailer.
Speak personally with a train accident lawyer from Levinson Axelrod, P.A. Contact us to request your FREE case evaluation.