Uber/Lyft Accident Attorneys in New Jersey
Call (732) 440-3089 For a FREE Consultation
Rideshare services like Uber and Lyft have changed our roads and the way we travel. Today, these app-based companies provide consumers with a cost-efficient, convenient, and nearly constantly available mode of transportation. Though their many benefits have made them immensely popular, rideshare vehicles can still be involved in accidents. When they are, they can also complicate personal injury cases.
Founded in 1939, Levinson Axelrod, P.A. has represented clients harmed in a wide range of auto accidents. Though modern advancements and transportation trends have changed a lot throughout those years, the central premise of personal injury claims has not. Victims and families have the right to hold at-fault parties accountable for the harm and losses they cause – and protecting that right has been our mission for decades.
Why Levinson Axelrod, P.A.?
- Over $1 Billion in Compensation Recovered
- Proven Auto Accident Case Results
- Offices Staffed by Certified Civil Trial Attorneys
- Personalized Service & Support
Questions about your rights after an Uber or Lyft accident? Call (732) 440-3089 to speak with an attorney about your rights and options.
Damages You Can Pursue in Uber / Lyft Accidents
Victims injured in accidents that could and should have been prevented, as well as families who lose loved ones in fatal wrecks, have the right to pursue a personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit. These civil suits provide an opportunity for victims to recover their losses, including damages such as:
- Past and future medical expenses
- Lost wages and lost future income
- Physical pain and suffering
- Emotional suffering and mental anguish
- Disability, disfigurement, and impairment
While victims have the right to compensation, their ability to secure and maximize a financial recovery can be complicated by unique issues involved in Uber and Lyft accidents, in part because they are still new services, and because of the issues they create when it comes to liability and insurance coverage.
Fault, Liability & Insurance Coverage
Personal injury claims allow victims to hold an at-fault party (or multiple at-fault parties) financially responsible for damages caused by negligent or wrongful acts. While determining fault and liability is a matter unique to every case, there can be added difficulties in Uber and Lyft accident claims, as rideshare drivers are classified as “independent contractors” rather than employees.
This arrangement allows rideshare services to dispute liability, as injured victims may not always be covered by the insurance company’s commercial insurance policy. For example:
- Victims injured as passengers in a Lyft or Uber are typically covered by the company’s commercial insurance policy, both for accidents caused by the rideshare driver and by other negligent parties.
- Victims injured as drivers or occupants of other vehicles may be covered by different insurance policies, depending on what the Uber or Lyft driver was doing at the time. If the rideshare driver was transporting a customer, the commercial insurance policy will apply. In other situations, such as when rideshare drivers are “off the clock” (i.e. not using the app) or traveling to pick up a customer, victims may be covered by a contingent commercial policy, the driver’s own auto insurance, or other available means of coverage (such as PIP, UM / UIM, etc.).
Given the difficulties of resolving fault, liability, and insurance coverage issues in Uber and Lyft cases, it is of critical importance that victims seek the counsel and support of proven personal injury lawyers. Our legal team leverages decades of collective experience to conduct the necessary investigations and help clients explore their available options.
Types of Uber/Lyft Accident Cases
As a law firm solely focused on fighting for the injured and the wronged, Levinson Axelrod, P.A. has the experience and resources to handle all types of Uber/Lyft accidents, including cases involving:
- Uber/Lyft passenger injuries
- Motorists injured by Uber/Lyft drivers
- Pedestrians hit by Uber/Lyft drivers
- Bicyclists hurt by Uber/Lyft drivers
- Multi-vehicle accidents
- Uninsured/underinsured motorists
- Commercial truck and vehicle accidents
- Defective products or auto parts
Whether victims pursue claims against Uber or Lyft, a negligent driver, or another at-fault party, the companies and insurance carriers defending against them are focused on paying victims as little as they possibly can. Because they prioritize profits over people and have extensive resources to fight claims, victims should be aware of the need to level the playing field with a proven law firm.
Request a Free & Confidential Review of Your Case
Levinson Axelrod, P.A. serves all 21 counties in New Jersey from 9 different office locations. If you or a family member have been harmed in any type of vehicle collision involving an Uber or Lyft vehicle, we encourage you to contact our team at soon as possible to discuss your legal rights, available options, and the steps we can help you take to secure the compensation you deserve.
Call (732) 440-3089 to request a FREE case evaluation.